TOSHIBA INTRODUCES THE E-STUDIO™1355 SERIES FOR HIGH-VOLUME ENVIRONMENTS REQUIRING SUPERIOR QUALITY AND FINISHING FLEXIBILITY
Irvine , CA ( Sep 20, 2010 ) :
Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc. (TABS) today announced the addition of the Toshiba
e-Studio™ 905/1105/1355 series to its award-winning product line-up for busy departmental, centralized reprographic and even light production printing environments. Speed is a key feature of this series with copy and print speeds of 90, 110, and 135 pages-per-minute respectively. Each device also features a color scanner that can handle up to 80 original documents per minute, making it one of the fastest color scanners available on a monochrome device.
While designed to handle some of the highest average monthly volumes in the industry at 120,000, 190,000 and 300,000 respectively, with a maximum of one million monthly page impressions, the Toshiba e-STUDIO905/1105/1355 series is also guaranteed to be first choice when the quality of the output is equally important to the quantity being produced. The new series offers 1,200 x 1,200 dpi resolution and has a broader array of media support and several valuable new finishing features.
"Just like its predecessor, the Toshiba e-STUDIO1355 series can easily and reliably handle the demands of high-volume printing environments," said Joseph Contreras, director, Product and Solutions Marketing, TABS. "What makes this series exciting is the impressive list of new features and options available. The flexibility to handle any type or size job, paired with superior reliability, expands in-house capabilities and ultimately improves the customers' bottom line."
- FD5000 Multi-Folding Unit: A must have for any light production printing environment, this feature provides Z-fold, V-fold, tri-fold for envelope stuffing, and gate fold, and can support the folding of multiple sheets.
- SR5020 Saddle-Stitch Finisher: Combines 100-sheet multi-position stapling with a 2,500 sheet output capacity, as well as saddle stitch booklet making for up to 20-sheets (80-page booklet). The trimmer option gives larger booklets a more professional appearance, while the conveyor belt exit enables virtually limitless production.
- SK5010 High-Capacity Stacker: Provides a secure exit for up to 5,000 sheets. Users can even install two if the volume demand warrants it. Additional roll-away carts are available to help production remain continuous as the stackers are offloaded. The stacker cabinets also can be locked in the case of sensitive document preparation.
- PU5000 Punch Unit: The hole punch option, which was a limitation on the previous series, is supported on the e-STUDIO1355 model.
Advanced Security Features
"We take the security of our customers' documents and devices very seriously," continued Contreras. "Customers taking advantage of any of the devices in this new series will feel confident that they have the advanced security features necessary to protect sensitive company information."
Security features include:
- Hard Disk Drive Encryption: Comes standard on all new Toshiba models and provides 128-bit AES encryption to all data stored on the hard drive.
- Data Overwrite Kit: Immediately removes any data stored on the drive after copying or scanning processes are complete; exceeds Department of Defense (DoD) security standards.
- Copy Data Security Kit: Prevents unauthorized reproduction of sensitive documents by designating them with a watermark.
The e-STUDIO1355 series utilizes a 1.4GHz processor boosting the standard 512MB RAM to 1.5GB. A Genuine Adobe PostScript 3 option is available for Mac users, ensuring that what they see on their computer is what is produced by the MFP. A Gigabit Ethernet option speeds-up data transfer and helps jobs process faster.
A new EB1357 Fiery from EFI was designed specifically for this family of products. This latest Fiery controller utilizes 2.0GHz processor, 2GB RAM and its own 80GB hard disk drive. Gigabit Ethernet and Genuine Adobe PostScript 3 are also standard on the Fiery.
This new series, which is Energy Star® compliant, replaces the Toshiba e-STUDIO901/1101/1351 series and is available through Toshiba's nationwide network of authorized dealers. The suggested retail prices for these devices are $40,000, $51,000 and $62,000 respectively. For more information on Toshiba products or to find your local authorized Toshiba dealer, visit www.copiers.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc.
Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc. (TABS) is an independent operating company of Toshiba Corporation, the seventh largest electronics/electrical equipment company in the world. TABS manages product planning, marketing, sales, service support and distribution of copiers, facsimiles, multifunction printing products, network controllers, and toner products throughout the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TABS has five divisions: the Electronic Imaging Division; the Toner Products Division; the Document Solutions Engineering Division; the International Division; and Toshiba Business Solutions (TBS), a wholly-owned subsidiary corporation of TABS, that operates a network of wholly-owned office equipment dealers throughout the United States.
Named the most favored manufacturer ten times by the Business Technology Association (BTA), Toshiba's entire product line, customer support and marketing distribution policies are markers for the industry. For more information on Toshiba products, programs, solutions and services, please visit www.copiers.toshiba.com.