TOSHIBA AMERICA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS INC., QUESTYS AND eCOPY TEAM TO DELIVER EASY-TO-IMPLEMENT, COST-EFFECTIVE DOCUMENT IMAGING AND MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
Joint Software Offering Leverages Toshiba Multifunction Products’ Scanning Capabilities to Facilitate Hardcopy Document Workflow and Management
IRVINE , California ( Oct 24, 2005 ) :
Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc. (TABS), in conjunction with Questys Solutions, announced today the availability of the Questys Connector for eCopy ShareScan OP. The new integration software provides an easy-to-use solution that links the scanning capability of a Toshiba multifunction product (MFP) to the Questys Pro document management system (DMS). This integration dramatically reduces the costs of storing and finding paper documents, which helps organizations comply with regulatory requirements and increase information worker productivity.
When used with eCopy’s ScanStation OP v3.0, the new Questys Connector transforms Toshiba’s e-STUDIO™ MFPs into comprehensive hardcopy document imaging and management solutions. In addition to copying, printing, scanning and faxing, e-STUDIO MFPs equipped with eCopy ScanStation OP and the Questys / eCopy Connector enable users to easily scan, index, and send documents directly to the Questys Pro DMS. TABS is now distributing the integrated Questys / eCopy solution through its North American dealer network.
“Demand from small-to-medium sized businesses for a comprehensive, feature-rich document management solution that addresses both electronic and paper-based information is at an all time high,” said Andre Pavlovic, executive vice president, Questys Solutions. “By teaming with eCopy, we’ve turned the multi-function copier into a central hub for managing and organizing paper documents. The result is an easy-to-implement, turnkey document management solution that TABS dealers can offer their customers at a price point that small businesses can afford.”
With the integrated solution, users can insert a paper document into the copier’s automatic feeder, enter the index information associated with the document on the eCopy ScanStation, and scan and store it in the appropriate Questys repository, all while at the Toshiba MFP.
Key features and benefits of the new Questys / eCopy Solution include:
- Preview of scanned documents at the Toshiba e-STUDIO MFP prior to sending the document to Questys Pro DMS. This enables users to check the quality of scanned documents before storing them in Questys.
- Security features that include user authentication, data encryption and document audit trails.
- Comprehensive storage of both electronic and hardcopy documents in one DMS for fast retrieval of information.
- Reduced need for physical paper storage space by increasing the amount of hardcopy documents stored electronically in Questys.
- Faster retrieval of paper-based information through user assigned properties and full text search of scanned documents.
“Increasingly, organizations have the need to incorporate paper documents into their electronic document workflow,” said Noel O’Dwyer, eCopy director of software alliances. “Software manufacturers like Questys can take advantage of this need by using our Software Developers Kit to quickly and easily integrate their application with ShareScan OP. This delivers open access to document capture directly from the customer’s digital copier, providing a cost effective method for speeding information flow and addressing government compliance requirements such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley.”
- eCopy ScanStation OP, which includes eCopy ShareScan OP software operating on an ergonomically designed, integrated touch screen, keyboard and PC system. eCopy ShareScan OP software transforms a networked copier or scanner into an information hub that can be used to integrate hardcopy documents directly into the workflow of critical business processes, such as reporting, administration, document management, financials, human resources, and customer management. Click here to view the ScanStation OP photo.
- Questys Connector for eCopy ShareScan OP software, which enables users to send scanned documents directly from the copier to a specific repository within Questys Pro or Questys Enterprise DMS
- Questys Pro software enables users to import electronic documents, including e-mail messages, and edit and store the information in an electronic format. Users can search and retrieve documents from their desk, from across town or from the other side of the world via Questys’ Web Server. They can also print, fax, e-mail or export the information with just a couple clicks of their mouse.
“The Questys Connector makes it effortless for any office worker to use eCopy to incorporate paper documents into Questys Pro,” said Michael Alpert, director of Document Solutions, TABS. “With this integration to eCopy, users benefit from a highly intuitive interface to the Questys Pro DMS right at the Toshiba e-STUDIO system. This enables our dealers to diversify their revenue stream by offering their customers both hardware and software, and, at the same time, provide an integrated solution for managing the complete document lifecycle.”
Pricing and Availability
The Questys Connector is available through authorized Toshiba dealers and Questys resellers. For more information about pricing and availability or to locate a dealer, please visit www.questys.com or www.copiers.toshiba.com.
Originally founded in 1980 and headquartered in Mission Viejo, Calif., Questys Solutions, provides professional document management software for the needs and budgets of today’s small business and mid-size enterprises. Questys Pro, the company’s flagship document management software designed exclusively for the SMB and vertical markets, is available through Toshiba dealers and Ingram Micro. For more information please visit www.questys.com.
About eCopy Inc.
eCopy Inc. is an innovative provider of open and flexible solutions that rapidly integrate paper-based information into existing business processes and applications. Numerous industries, including legal, healthcare, and financial services, use eCopy to easily access, modify, distribute, and share information to add value to their business. eCopy customers include General Motors, Clifford Chance, Siemens, Cisco Systems, SAAB, and Sony Corporation. eCopy Inc. is a global company headquartered in the United States, with a subsidiary in Japan, offices in England, Germany, France, Scandinavia, and Australia as well as sales operations in Mexico, Canada, Latin America, Singapore, and New Zealand. For more information, visit www.ecopy.com.
About Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc.
Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc. (TABS) manages product planning, marketing, sales, service support and distribution of copiers, facsimiles, multifunction printing products, network controllers and toner products throughout the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TABS has four divisions: the Electronic Imaging Division, Toner Products Division, Document Solutions Engineering Division, and Toshiba Business Solutions (TBS), which operates a national network of wholly owned subsidiaries.
Named the most favored manufacturer in seven of the past eight years by the Business Technology Association (BTA), Toshiba’s entire product line, customer support and marketing distribution policies are markers for the industry. Among the many other awards garnered in recent years, Toshiba was named the “Copier Manufacturer of the Year” six times by the Marketing Research Consultants (MRC), and has twice been named to the CIO 100 for being among the top 100 “bold” (2005) and “agile” (2004) companies in the world.
TABS is an independent operating company of Toshiba Corporation, the sixth largest electronics / electrical equipment company and the world's 72nd largest company in terms of sales. Ranked by Fortune magazine as the 9th Most Admired Electronics Company in the World, Toshiba Corporation is a world leader in high technology products with more than 300 major subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. Fiscal year revenue in 2004 was approximately $55 billion.
For more information on Toshiba copier, facsimile, multifunction printing products, network controllers or toner products, or for a dealer in your area, call 1?800?GO?TOSHIBA or visit the TABS Web site at www.copiers.toshiba.com.