SIX TOSHIBA AMERICA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS' E-STUDIO MFPS EARN HIGH RATINGS FROM BUYERS LABORATORY INC.
IRVINE , California ( Mar 04, 2005 ) :
In a further demonstration of its leadership position in the digital copier marketplace, Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. (TABS) today announced that six members of its e-STUDIO™ line of multifunction products (MFPs) have earned top honors from Buyers Laboratory Inc. (BLI), a leading independent office equipment testing laboratory.
BLI honored six of Toshiba’s digital multifunction products with the following ratings:
- e-STUDIO350 - Field Test Rating - Five Stars
- e-STUDIO450 - Field Test Rating - Four Stars, Lab Test Rating - "Recommended" and awarded a "Highly Reliable Certificate"
- e-STUDIO280 - Field Test Rating - Four Stars
- e-STUDIO3511 - Field Test Rating - Four Stars
- e-STUDIO4511 - Field Test Rating - Four Stars
- e-STUDIO1050 - Field Test Rating - Four Stars
"We are very proud of the high ratings our MFPs have earned from Buyers Laboratory," said Mark Mathews, vice president, Marketing at TABS. "Achieving these high marks under the scrutiny of one of the industry’s leading testing labs provides our customers with the ultimate confidence that their Toshiba machines will perform at their peak performance in their work environment."
TABS' e-STUDIO multifunction networking systems offer complete integration of copy, print, fax and scan capabilities in a single device. The e-STUDIO family is the ideal document management solution for small- and medium-sized businesses.
Among the positive comments provided by the BLI on TABS’ e-STUDIO line of MFPs were the following:
- "The e-STUDIO350 performs especially well in first-copy times, producing the fastest speeds from the document feeder and among the fastest speeds from the platen compared to competitive models."
- "Because of its outstanding productivity and image quality, as well as its ease of use, extensive copy and print features and the flexibility offered by its all-in-one e-Bridge controller, BLI gives the Toshiba e-STUDIO350 an overall Field Test Rating of FIVE STARS."
- "The e-STUDIO3511 offers the fastest first copy time from the document feeder among competitive models tested to date, as well as the highest copy efficiency in all three mode tested."
- "Because of its ease-of-use, productivity (especially in print mode), aggressive pricing and extensive range and customization of production features, BLI gives the Toshiba e-STUDIO1050 an overall Field Test Rating of FOUR STARS."
About Buyers Laboratory
For over 40 years, Buyers Laboratory has been the leading independent office equipment testing laboratory and business consumer advocate. In addition to publishing its unique and comprehensive test reports on office document imaging devices, each representing months of exhaustive hands-on testing in its 10,000-square-foot lab, BLI has been the leading source for comprehensive databases of specifications on copiers, printers, fax machines and multifunctional products. The company’s databases are available to its subscribers in the form of printed specification guides, as well as product comparison software programs.
In addition to the testing of office equipment for its subscribers, Buyers Laboratory provides a vast array of confidential for-hire custom testing services, including document imaging device beta testing and testing of consumables, such as paper, toner, ink, photoconductors and print controllers. Buyers Laboratory’s consulting division, the Buyers Alliance, provides comprehensive purchasing support services to business consumers in the process of acquiring office equipment, which includes creating customized RFPs and conducting on-site usage assessments.
For more information on Buyers Laboratory, please call (201) 488-0404 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Toshiba America Business Solutions
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. (TABS) manages product planning, marketing, sales, service support and distribution of copiers, facsimiles, multifunction printing products, network controllers and toner products throughout the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TABS has four divisions: the Electronic Imaging Division, Toner Products Division and Document Solutions Engineering Division; and Toshiba Business Solutions (TBS), which operates a national network of wholly owned subsidiaries.
Named the most favored manufacturer in seven of the past eight years by the Business Technology Association (BTA), Toshiba's entire product line, customer support and marketing distribution policies are markers for the industry. Among the many other awards garnered in recent years, Toshiba was named the "Copier Manufacturer of the Year" by the Marketing Research Consultants (MRC) in 2004, 2002, 2001, 1998 and 1997, was named to the CIO 100 for being one of the top 100 "agile" companies in the world in 2004, and received the CIO Web Business award for its leading edge intranet site in 2000, 1999 and 1998.
TABS is an independent operating company of Toshiba Corporation, the seventh largest electronics/electrical equipment company and the world's 62nd largest company in terms of sales. Ranked by Fortune magazine as the 8th Most Admired Electronics Company in America and 9th Most Admired Electronics Company in the World, Toshiba Corporation is a world leader in high technology products with more than 300 major subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. Fiscal year revenue in 2003 was approximately $53 billion.
For more information on Toshiba copier, facsimile, multifunction printing products, network controllers or toner products, or for a dealer in your area, call 1 800 GO TOSHIBA or visit the TABS Web site at www.copiers.toshiba.com.