Copy That: Ducks Name Toshiba As Their Official Documents Solution Provider
Leading Transparently Through Open Communication
Office Technology Magazine:
The Vertical Strategy:
Providing a customized approach to target markets
The Washington Post:
This new copier gives you
an option to erase what
Brookstone Case Study
Digital Signage Connection:
Customer Experience at
Crazy Horse Memorial
The Daily Republic:
Toshiba celebrates 30 years in Mitchell
The Orange County Register:
7 reasons why your local store may glow like Times Square
Transforming the Field Service Business Model
Staying Secure with
Toshiba Poised to Take More Market Share in 2016
T-Mobile Arena Opens
with a Bang
Toshiba Makes the Grade at New York School District
Office Technology Magazine:
Moving Documents & Information to a New Level
Toshiba America Boss
Adds Duties in NC
Toshiba-Chargers Case Study
Toshiba-Hendrick Case Study
Close the Loop Toner Recycling Program
Encompass Managed Print Services
Toshiba Professional Services
- December 30, 2014Toshiba Secures Better Buys for Business' Editor's Choice Award
- December 09, 2014Toshiba Partners with LED Technology Company, D3
- December 03, 2014Twelve Toshiba Multifunction Product Providers Named Elite Dealers by ENX Magazine and The Week In Imaging
- December 02, 2014Toshiba Elevates Tom Walter to Vice President Role
- November 25, 2014Toshiba Emphasizes Smarter Communications at Annual End User Conference
- November 17, 2014Toshiba's Latest Color Multifunction Product Line Earns Buyers Laboratory's "Highly Recommended" Honor
- November 13, 2014Toshiba Appoints Bill Melo to Chief Marketing Executive
- November 10, 2014STAPLES CENTER OPENS FAN ENGAGEMENT DESTINATION LA INTERACTIVE POWERED BY TOSHIBA
- October 27, 2014Toshiba Selected as Official Multifunction Product Provider to Professional Hockey's Lehigh Valley Phantoms and PPL Center
- September 29, 2014Toshiba Wins 2014 Bronze Stevie® Award for World's First Multifunction Product with Erasable Toner
- September 25, 2014BILLS PARTNER WITH TOSHIBA AMERICA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
- September 23, 2014Toshiba Partners with Software Development Company, PSIGEN
- September 22, 2014Toshiba Named "Best-in-Class Manufacturer" in Annual Dealer Survey Awards
- September 16, 2014Carolina Panthers Name Toshiba Team's Office Equipment and Service Provider
- September 10, 2014Toshiba Becomes Official Multifunction Product Provider to Pittsburgh Steelers
- September 09, 2014Toshiba President and CEO, Scott Maccabe to Deliver Keynote at Business Technology Association Event in Baltimore
- September 08, 2014AEG NAMES TOSHIBA THE OFFICIAL ELECTRONICS PROVIDER AND FOUNDING PARTNER OF STAPLES CENTER
- September 02, 2014Toshiba Introduces Cloud Service Offering
- August 27, 2014Toshiba Announces Alliance with Square 9 Softworks
- August 06, 2014Toshiba's Latest e-STUDIO Line Wins Better Buys for Business Editor's Choice Award
- July 22, 2014Toshiba Wins Buyers Laboratory's Summer 2014 Outstanding Achievement Award for Energy Efficiency
- July 21, 2014Toshiba's Latest e-STUDIO Line Blends Performance with Sleek Design
- July 08, 2014Toshiba Presented 2014 Bronze Stevie® Award for Best Corporate Video
- June 25, 2014Toshiba's Compact, Powerful e-STUDIO Series Ideal for SMBs
- June 24, 2014Toshiba's Latest e-STUDIO Series Fulfills Users Need for Speed
- June 10, 2014Toshiba Launches Global Brand Campaign - Together Information
- May 19, 2014Toshiba Selected for Two Business Technology Association 2014 Channel Choice Awards
- April 07, 2014Toshiba Mobile Print App Enhances Office Productivity for Apple Users
- April 07, 2014Toshiba's Latest Color Multifunction Products Brighten Offices Large and Small
- March 04, 2014TOSHIBA WINS MULTIFUNCTION PRODUCT CONTRACT WITH DUPAGE COUNTY, ILLINOIS
- February 25, 2014TOSHIBA WINS 2014 BRONZE STEVIE® AWARD FOR BEST SALES MEETING OF THE YEAR
- February 18, 2014TOSHIBA'S e-STUDIO SECURES BUYERS LABORATORY'S "OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT" AWARD FOR ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- February 12, 2014TOSHIBA AMERICA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS RECYCLES NEARLY 200 TONS OF TONER WASTE IN 2013
- January 29, 2014TOSHIBA COLOR MULTIFUNCTION PRODUCTS SECURE CERNER CERTIFICATION FOR USE WITHIN HEALTHCARE
- Toshiba Fleet Drives New York College's Sustainability Efforts
- Toshiba and Imagine Technology Group Slash Expenses and Streamline Service for DriveTime
- Toshiba Boosts Customer Experience at Crazy Horse Memorial
- Toshiba Powers Carolina Panthers’ Gameday Needs
- Toshiba Lifts Customer Experience & Sales for Brookstone
- Toshiba Makes the Grade at New York School District
- Chargers’ Fans Catch Game Day Action on Toshiba Digital Signage
- Effective Fleet Reduction
- Streamline Records Management
- Reduce Expenses
- Eliminate Filing
- Weatherproof Signage Production
- Imaging Fleet Optimization
- Revolutionize Application Process
- Enable Greater Independence for Blind and Visually Impaired Employees
President & Chief Executive Officer, Toshiba America Business Solutions & Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Scott Maccabe currently serves as president and chief executive officer for both Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. (TABS) and Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. As chief executive of TABS, Maccabe oversees the strategic direction and operations of the company which is comprised of five divisions: the Electronic Imaging Division, Toner Products Division, Document Solutions Engineering Division, the International Division and Toshiba Business Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary corporation of TABS that operates a network of more than 100 office equipment dealer located throughout the United States and Latin America.
In his leadership role at Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions – which Maccabe assumed in August, 2015 – he is responsible for all facets of the company’s technology products and solutions for retail store environments. His overarching responsibilities include strategy, development, manufacturing, marketing, sales, maintenance and services for the entire portfolio of store solutions, serving Toshiba's retail industry clients around the world.
Since joining Toshiba in 2002, Maccabe has held leadership positions at Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. and in 2013 accepted his current role as president and chief executive officer at TABS. Under his guidance, TABS has experienced steady growth in both its hardware and solutions sales, successfully expanded its product portfolio with digital signage solutions, pioneered industry-related cloud solutions and received myriad business and product awards.
Prior to joining Toshiba, Maccabe held an array of senior roles in operations, marketing, sales and general management in the technology sector at Quantum, Vangard, Fujitsu Computer Products and StorageTek.
In addition to his extensive management experience, Maccabe is committed to community support while serving as a board member of several organizations including Mission Hospital, which is part of the St. Joseph Health System. He is an alumnus of the University of Colorado.
Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Information Officer
As vice president, CIO and CFO, Michael Torcaso leads the financial planning and accounting functions at TABS, including all U.S. and Latin America subsidiary operations, as well as applications development and IT infrastructure. He also oversees leasing, internal and external audit coordination, treasury functions and Japan's Financial Instruments and Exchange Law (J-Sox).
Michael Torcaso joined TABS in 2000 as vice president of Finance. During his tenure in this position, he managed the division financial planning and accounting including wholesale, manufacturing, retail and leasing aspects of the business.
Torcaso joined TABS after several years of working for Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS) as controller, PC Manufacturing. He previously worked for Rockwell International, Merrill Lynch and Arthur Young & Co. (now Ernst & Young). He is a certified public accountant (inactive) with experience in public accounting, aerospace, semiconductor and technology. Torcaso holds a bachelor’s degree from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona.
Vice President of Product and Solutions Marketing, Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc.
As vice president of product and solutions marketing at Toshiba America Business Solutions, Joseph Contreras is responsible for developing growth strategies and sales enablement initiatives for the company’s portfolio of e-STUDIO™ multifunction products, document solutions, thermal and barcode printers and Ellumina™ digital signage line.
Contreras is also tasked with enhancing global business development, revenue growth and leadership for Toshiba’s digital signage offerings for Toshiba America Business Solutions and Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions.
Prior to joining Toshiba in 2000, Contreras was responsible for all marketing activities at SMC Networks including the company’s networking hardware solutions, wireless networking and broadband products. He holds a bachelor’s degree in business from Texas A&M University.
Chief Marketing Executive, Toshiba America Business Solutions
In his current role as Chief Marketing Executive for Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc., Bill Melo oversees product marketing, strategic software and platform development, marketing communications and marketing operations.
Melo is also responsible for developing global marketing and branding initiatives as well as the company’s global product and services roadmap. Melo has been with the company since 2002 and most notably led the development and launch of Toshiba’s award-winning program, Encompass Managed Print Services as well as its newest product offering – Ellumina™ Digital Signage Services.
During his 23 years in the industry, Melo has managed the implementation of solutions at commercial, government and educational organizations throughout the United States. Melo’s prior employment experience includes; Vice President, Worldwide Marketing for Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions; and National Program Manager for Ricoh Corporation.
Melo also was the lead inventor on a U.S. patent for Internet-enabled broadcast printing in 2002, and is the lead inventor on three other applications, in the fields of Internet-based monitoring systems for printers and copiers, and for Toshiba’s Encompass online application.
Melo is a graduate of Toshiba’s Six Sigma certification program and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Montclair State College in New Jersey and a Master of Business Administration degree from New York University.
Chief Revenue Officer, Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc.
Providing more than 20 years of executive experience, Larry White currently serves as chief revenue officer at Toshiba America Business Solutions. Within this leadership role, White is responsible for achieving company revenue objectives, developing revenue and profit growth strategies and driving customer value through both the company's direct and indirect channels in the United States, Mexico, Central and South America.
Another fundamental component of his position includes overseeing the company’s professional services-oriented subsidiary, Toshiba Managed Business Services, which launched in October 2012.
White began his tenure at Toshiba in 1996 as a vice president of operations and acquisitions for Toshiba Office Products Acquisition Company division, which is currently Toshiba Business Solutions, the organization’s network of direct dealers. He has led the company’s comprehensive array of indirect sales channels, including independent office equipment dealers, government, education and national accounts and distributor channel since 1999.
Prior to joining Toshiba, White served as vice president of operations at Savin. He received numerous awards for his work at Savin, including Director of the Year and District Sales Manager of the Year.
White holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Texas Tech University.
R. Steven Tungate
Vice President & General Manager, Service, Supply Chain and Innovation,
Toshiba America Business Solutions
R. Steven Tungate is responsible for overseeing the company’s innovation, technical support, service and supply chain management organizations. In this role, Tungate is charged with efficiently managing Toshiba America Business Solutions (TABS) complex supply chain, which includes procurement, import/export, inventory control, transportation, customer service and distribution. Within this position, Tungate plays a prominent role to the overall growth and success of TABS.
Leading TABS’ innovation program, he couples astute business strategy with such industry recognizable tools as Six Sigma. In directing the company’s industry-recognized technical support and service teams, Tungate oversees a team of more than 1,000 employees that interact with customers daily.
He started at TABS in 2006 as vice president, Strategic Business Planning. Prior to joining TABS, Tungate served as executive vice president, supply chain and service at Danka Office Imaging, and president of the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, ImageOne, Inc.
His successful leadership at Danka was conveyed in a Supply Chain Management Review article, “From Mess to Mastery: How Danka Rebuilt Its Supply Chain.” Before working at Danka, Tungate served as senior vice president of operations at internet startup company, Value America, Inc. where he played a prominent role in engineering one of the industries’ largest initial public offerings in U.S. history. Upon assuming the role of chief executive officer in 2000, Tungate led the sale of the company to Merisel, Inc., a distributor of information technology and software.
He earned an M.B.A. with an emphasis in Material and Logistics Management from Michigan State University in 1983. Upon graduation, Tungate worked at IBM Corp. for more than 15 years. During his tenure there, he held successive management positions in a number of functional disciplines and divisions, including program director, PowerPC operations within IBM’s Enterprise Systems and Personal Systems Divisions.
Vice President, Supply Chain Management
With the company since 1988, Susan Wilson currently serves as vice president, Supply Chain Management for Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc. (TABS). In this role, she is responsible for procurement, import/export, inventory control, transportation, customer service and distribution. The supply chain departments support all channels within TABS, including: BTA, distributors, international, Toshiba Business Solutions and major accounts.
Prior to her current role, Wilson was the vice president, Operations, overseeing procurement, inventory control, warehousing, customer service, and domestic and international transport for the company. Prior to that, Wilson was director of Operations; supervisor, Material Control; and operations manager.
During her career at Toshiba, Wilson has implemented several key strategies that have improved supply chain efficiencies while reducing costs to both TABS and its customers. Under her leadership, the supply chain department has won several Six Sigma Awards for process improvements and cost savings.
Before joining what is now TABS, Wilson was employed as operations manager for Toshiba America Consumer Products (TACP) where she managed all National Account customer support and warehousing functions.
Prior to joining the Toshiba family, Wilson was administrative supervisor for the Panasonic Corporation. While there, she was responsible for calculation and tracking of sales budgets and commissions, as well as overseeing customer service for the U.S. market.
Wilson holds a bachelor’s degree in business from the Berkeley School in Ridgewood, New Jersey. She is a member of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP).
Vice President, Toshiba Business Solutions (TBS)
In November 2009, industry veteran Jim Hawkins joined the Toshiba team as vice president of Operations & Acquisitions and was quickly promoted to vice president of TBS in May of 2010. Hawkins, who has been in the office solutions industry for more than 25 years, spent the majority of his career at Danka Office Imaging where he developed a strong background in sales, marketing and operations. Most recently, Hawkins was senior vice president of Field Operations for Danka, where he oversaw approximately 250 employees and led an executive team of nine direct reports.
As vice president of TBS, Hawkins oversees the company’s internal growth and acquisition strategy, and manages the integration of acquired operations into TABS’ direct channel operation. He sets the tactical vision for the TBS channel, interfacing and coordinating daily sales and operational efforts with regional presidents, TBS Finance, TABS Human Resources and Legal. He champions the development and direction of plans and programs for achieving TBS’s and individual TBS subsidiary operational, revenue and profit objectives. He also directs, manages and leads operational process-reengineering evaluations to optimize the overall productivity of TBS subsidiaries.
Hawkins obtained his Bachelor of Science from the University of Central Florida. He also participated in the Lead-On “Building High Performance Teams” two-year leadership program from 2006-2008.
Vice President of Distribution and Aftermarket Sales, Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc.
As vice president of distribution and aftermarket sales at Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc., Tom Walter manages the day-to-day operations of the company’s portfolio of aftermarket products. Within this role, the 25-year sales and marketing executive is additionally responsible for enhancing Toshiba’s footprint within the thermal barcode printer segment and increasing toner sales by introducing more distribution partners and programs.
Walter also directs the company’s green initiatives. His focus in this post is to create programs leveraging Toshiba’s portfolio of eco-oriented products – which include the world’s first multifunction product (MFP) with erasable toner, the e-STUDIO™306LP/RD30 as well as the company’s other EPEAT-registered MFPs – to better allow Toshiba dealers and customers to operate more sustainably. EPEAT is the definitive global rating system for greener electronics.
Prior to joining Toshiba in 2005 as the company’s director, aftermarket sales, marketing and operations, Walter served in management positions at Parts Now, Panasonic and Canon USA, Inc. He holds a bachelor’s degree in international relations from California State University, Long Beach.